Monday, October 03, 2005

Happy Anniversary to Ruby!

I just realized that I have been blogging for a year! Thank you to everyone who reads this and especially to those who comment - you are the best!

I have been sewing like crazy - I'll have new designs to post later today or tomorrow. I've been working on purple velvet gypsy skirts with paisley waistbands and flowing ribbon trims. Doesn't that sound lovely?

BUT... I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I have been completely obsessed lately with my DVD collection of the first season of "Lost." I have never seen this show - it airs on Wednesday nights when I'm at choir - but I have of course heard plenty about it and have friends who love it. SOoooo when I heard it was coming out on DVD and I got a discount coupon to Barnes and Noble on top of the "membership" discount - well I knew I had to buy it. Once I started I couldn't stop. Now I have finally watched the whole thing. It's really good isn't it? I can see why it has won so many awards. I'm hooked. What did I miss on the first episode of the new season? I recorded the second episode so I saw the recap - but I want DETAILS! Also - the actor who plays John Locke in my opinion is superb.

Well this is supposed to be a blog about fashion design - I'm off to take some photos!

2 comments:

-C- said...

Hi Laura,
I miss sewing with you. Things are so busy out here in England I don't ever stop working. I wore my necktie skirt to school on Friday. It was a big hit with most of the kids and a lot of them want one. When things settle down I might start an after school textiles club and teach some students how to make them. They have to learn to thread a machine first!!! We've been watching Lost out here too but I think we are a season behind and I haven't been able to watch every week. Can't wait to see what you post on your site next and since I have internet now I can again be a regular visitor to your blog. Tell the fam hi for me. Hugs, Carly

Anonymous said...

MAMMMA K!!!!!! hi! i miss yoU! well, i am just sitting here at college on a fine thursday evening and thought about how you were doing...so i decided to catch up on the blog. it is so amazing to check out all of the creativeness I missed since I left...and overwhelming to take in four months of the blog in one sitting, i love it. well i have to say everything looks incredible, i love everything...just when i think WHAT ELSE is left for laura kluvo to make....you create something even more new and beautiful than the last...i will be sure to call you the next time im home (probably in may!) to have a little sewing reunion...
<3 always,
danielle
ps happy belated birthday, sorry i missed it! im sure you had an amazing time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!