Thursday, August 30, 2007

P is for Petting Zoo

Kaitlin has been student-teaching at St. Theresa's School in Phoenix.

For several weeks she has been saying that we HAD to go to the "Fall Festival" which was on Sunday. Of course I was dying to go. What fun! I would get to meet her 7th and 8th-grade students and her "mentor" teacher, Mrs. Drummey.

Daniel came along as well. There was tons of great food and drinks, (a bar even! Catholics sure know how to party!) and a great line-up of live entertainment. There was a cake-walk and rock climbing and the usual fun and games, but I was most enchanted by the petting zoo.





This chicken climbed into everyone's lap!



Honestly, Daniel was a little bit afraid of the goats. "Dan, just put your arm around it - like a DOG!" "Mom, it's NOT a dog...it has HORNS!"



Which one is the teacher?



I couldn't resist the chance to lock these two up in jail. It only cost me four tickets!


More of Kaitlin's students.


We had a great day!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Kat and Daniel have grown up so fast. Looks like you guys had a ball at the faire. Love your site. Best wishes to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

St. Theresa's is so lucky!! I bet the students just love Kaitlyn. Aunt J.

Marsha said...

Adorable!! But I'm with Dan - I don't see the attraction in hugging a goat. :P

woof nanny said...

The cutest! I love the kissy pic. I am seriously wanting to get myself some chickens. That one looks sooo cute! And I would love to pet a goat. I used to have a manager that had a pet goat, and he'd let him ride on his shoulders. I figured any guy who would do that is okay in my book!